Saturday, October 19, 2013

Tip: How to get rid of the 'less than 200dpi' error on createspace (fixing your pictures)

Tip! Paperback pictures and how to get rid of that annoying error on Createspace!


Tip: How to get rid of that annoying error message on createspace!

So, every single time I went to upload my paperback book I'd get that annoying error on createspace that says: you're pictures are under 200dpi and may be blurry, blah, blah, blah. I just ended up ignoring it cause I didn't have a clue what to do. When I published my Superhero Princess book the pictures turned out just fine (and honestly I'm not sure if it said that error back then) Well, anyways! I noticed that the pictures on book 2 of my Jade series looked pixalated and slightly blurry! While the other one was fine. So, this weekend I was re-uploading some of my books with pics, and of course that annoying thing came up again!! So I started googling (I love google!) and started weeding through people's comments (most knew about as much as me!) After awhile I came across one guy who actually knew what the heck he was talking about!! Ugh, if I knew where I found it I'd post the link, but no clue! I will try my best to explain it.

1. Download Foxit Pdf program (It's free!!!) http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
2. Next go into word and open your doc.
3. Insert pics by going to: Insert-pictures. Find your pic and throw it where you want. Save your doc.
3. Next (this is the weird part) go to PRINT. Yes PRINT. Weird as that is. Then under select printer go to Foxit reader PDF printer and select that.
4. Then go to Properties and down a little bit it will say image resolution and type in 300. Then hit okay.
5. Then just hit save.
6. Upload to Createspace!

I know this sounds nuts, but for once it didn't say "We have found ISSUES with your doc." The quailty of your pics is now 300 dpi!!! Wahoo!!!  Hope you guys found this helpful!! I have saved you a headache and a half! Haha! Believe I know the annoyance of formatting! Any help I can give I do!!
This was me yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment